Sunday, December 2, 2007

walking in a winter wonderland

While Liz was at the women's training day at church, Sam had Kayla all to himself. And were the two of them in for a treat. The first snow of the year! Sam could hardly wait to take Kayla out to experience it for herself. It didn't go so well.



What the heck is this stuff? It's freezing! And its touching me!



No seriously, Dad, I hate this. Lets do something else



Something inside! INSIDE! Oh save me....

What kind of kid hates snow? But Sam is no child-torturer, so he relents. The two retreat to the toasty warmth of the house to finish their snack. Back inside, Kayla enjoys the beauty of the snow from the safety of the living room couch.




Hey, Dad, check out this white fluffy stuff!



It's totally amazing! I've never seen that before!





Wouldn't it be fun to touch it for ourselves?



Are you kidding?!?!?! We can go out there?!?!? Well, what are we waiting for?????

Amazing how quick these kids turn around! And who was Sam to deny his daughter a second chance? Just to make sure he had his bases covered though, round two was conducted with an extra toasty jacket. For maximum snow enjoyment.



Oh, man, I can barely contain my excitement. I don't even care that I've lost my hands!



Here goes nothing....





Wait a second....





Now I remember!



I hate this!



Its cold and its touching me! Dad, help, its touching me and I lost my hands!



Let's go back inside!

Ah, the fickleness of toddlerhood. We can't wait for Whistler next Spring! Stay tuned as the saga is sure to continue...

0 comments: